I have been struggling with acne since my early twenties. During my teenage years I never had blemishes but suddenly in my second year of college I lost control of my face. I was so embarrassed and would avoid going out because of how ashamed I was. I felt helpless. After trying all the drugstore, topical items out there I started to do a bit more research on my acne problem. With that I learned a lot of it came down to what I put in my body and how I take care of it.
- Getting the right amount of sleep 7-8 hours
- Drinking plenty of water I try to drink 8 or more cups
- I use maca powder in my smoothies (it’s an antioxidant)
- I drink a glass of match powder (antioxidants)
- I exercise 5-6 times a week to get rid of toxins
- Eating plenty of fruit and veggie diet
- Cutting out sugar and gluten made a huge difference for me personally
- I take probiotics and vitamin c and e
- Avoided processed foods
- Keeping a positive outlook really does make difference
- Cut out caffeine
Everyone is different with what may help their skin. It takes time it’s not over night. And there are good and bad days. Especially when it comes to that time of month.
But never let your blemishes stop you from feeling confident in yourself.