I have a bowl of oatmeal most mornings! I add some fruit to each bowl depending on what I can find!
- Gluten free oats
- Hemp hearts
- Brown sugar
1/3 of berry smoothie oasis juice
1/3 of frozen cherry berry mix
1/3 of pineapple
Then add your favourite fruits in top!
I sprinkled some hemp hearts to top it all off!!
Adding fruit to water is a great way to get creative and has added health benefits!
- Lemon helps with digestion
- Kiwi and strawberry help with detox and weight loss
- Basil is an anti inflammatory and a stress reliever
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1/2 a banana
1/3 cup of berries
A few slices of kiwi
Add some organic honey to the top or even some granola (I’m allergic to nuts so it’s hard to find a protein granola)
1/2 a banana
2 teaspoons of cocao maca
2 scoops of GNC protein powder
250ml of chocolate soy milk
Olive oil and red wine vinegar with veggies and flax seed chips. Healthy fats and fibre to add to your diet
Bell peppers: antioxidants-anti inflammatory-vitamin C
Flaxseed: omega 3-antioxidants-healthy fatty acids
Olive Oil: blood sugar control- healthy fatty acid
Cucumber: vitamin K- vitamin C- biotin
I mentioned in another post regarding my skin issue, that I use Maca powder to help. Since Maca powder is such a great superfood I thought I would share a little further explanation on the benefits that it has.
- First off it is a root, classified under the adaptogen; meaning it is a plant that helps restore and protect the body.
- High in vitamins
- For woman it can help with their menstrual cycle and effects of menopause
- It helps with hormonal balance, sexual health and fertility
- It helps with mood balance; such as anxiety and depression
- Energy, these of mac powder can increase energy physically and mentally
- Helps with memory
- Skin; it helps with acne and blemishes
The links below are for two greats sites that go more in depth of the benefits and recommend ways to consume!!!
Top 5 Maca Root Benefits
7 Top Helth benefits of Maca